It is so amazing when you finally come to the realization that in order for you to get where you want to go, you have to MOVE! Get out your own way!
At least once a week, heck at least twice a day at this point someone will contact me and say I really want to do this or I really want to start that. I get all excited and start to get deep in conversation with them. Somewhere in the conversation oh say thirty minutes in they will say “BUT”. No, not the dreaded word BUT. The word BUT reminds me when I was growing up my mother would always say “Can’t” is not in your vocabulary. Do not tell me you can’t and to this day. If I feel doubt before I call or talk to my mother. I figure out a solution whatever I thought I “can’t do. To this day I have kept this up and applied it to my parenting my children and added the word BUT. Do not use the word BUT because to me that implies an excuse is coming for why you CANT get some accomplished.
In business when someone contacts me and says “BUT”or “CAN’T I realize they are in their own way and don’t even realize it. I immediately stop them and say lets find another approach to accomplishing this goal. It is important to recognize this because you will find yourself spinning around and around wondering what is going on. Here are 7 tips I use that help me daily get out my own way.
- Morning Meditation-Take time for yourself first and foremost every morning
- Post Affirmation on my bathroom mirror and read them daily-I am beautiful
- Constantly remind yourself you can do it!
- Accountability Partner -find someone who can truly hold you accountable to get it done.
- Surround yourself with like minded people-change your circle start hanging around those that are doing what it is you want to do.
- Get Inspired- Read A Book! Watch A Movie! Play a song!
- Journal- Write down your thoughts and review them weekly this will help you get moving
When you feel yourself getting ready to say BUT stop and say I am meant to succeed. I can accomplish whatever I want. I have to get out of my own way!